Adoc Talent Management is looking for a Polymer Chemistry Research Lead, for our client, a fast-growing biomedical device start’up developing and commercializing innovative polymers to improve health of patients across various medical indications.
As Polymer Chemistry Research Lead, you will have a key position in this fast-growing start-up. Indeed, you will have a leadership role on the chemistry activities related to the design of innovative polymers with outstanding properties and related biomaterials. Thanks to your overview on these kind of technologies, your main role will be plan, coordinate and lead R&D studies. Beside of that, you should not be afraid to jump in the lab and help your team with the technical work when needed. Your position is therefore interestingly versatile and transverse.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Define the scope for the projects and respective planning, in collaboration with the Head of Research
- Take the scientific lead on the chemical aspects of the design of innovative adhesives and related biomaterials
- Define the experimental design for testing,
- Supervise a research team of 2 to 5 members involved in polymer chemistry research (including PhDs)
- Execute the laboratory work in accordance with the best practices, perform critical data analysis
- Support development team in investigations related to the chemistry of polymers and scale-up
- Be the primary contact for research collaboration and CRO’s following best business practices
- Maintain laboratory organization and respect deadlines
- Organize, file and maintain laboratory records, reports, and documents
- Present studies follow up and outcomes to the Project Team and Management.
As the company expands its polymer platform, there will be interesting evolution opportunities for the Polymer Chemistry Research Lead.
After a degree in Science or Engineering, preferably a PhD within the focus area of Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Bioengineering, you have deepened your scientific knowledge with five years of experience in polymer synthesis and polymer chemistry. A couple of years of experience in an industrial setting is highly preferred. You also have experience on the development and characterization of materials, preferably degradable biomaterials for medical applications, as well as experience with analytic techniques related to polymer characterization. Experienced in sharing your results, you demonstrate excellent skill in scientific redaction and oral communication (in English).
As manager of a team, you show excellent leadership skills and you know how to identify motivational drivers in others. Of course, excellent communication skills to effectively communicate both internally and externally are key assets as you will play a role of liaison. You possess also a strong sense of planning and organization along with problem solving, negotiation and multi-tasking abilities. Autonomous and able to understand complicated processes, you show a creative approach when dealing with technical challenges. Accountable and team player, you use your critical judgment and dynamism to reach your goals.
The position, located in Paris (France), is to be filled as soon as possible. If you want to develop your career and responsibilities in a dynamic and international environment, then thank you for sending your application (CV and list of publications, patents and scientific work + motivations + salary expectations) to Adoc Talent Management (www.adoc-tm.com).